Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge #27

This is my card for the Etsy Inspired Challenge this week. This is my first submission for this challenge (I actually just found out about it a couple of weeks ago). I tried to to last weeks challenge, but the technique I was trying, just wasn't working :(

For those of you who haven't heard of the Etsy Inspired Challenge, you can find them at Ashley's Heart Hugs Blog. She posts a new one each Saturday and you have the week to complete them. Each week she highlights an artist's Etsy store for you to gather your inspiration from. This week was TR Mack Studio. They have some amazing art here and I was definitely inspired! Here is a picture of the piece I used for my inspiration along with my card. Hope you enjoy!

For this card, I tore scrap pieces of cardstock, adhered them to a card front and ran them through my Cuttlebug using the Dots and Spots embossing folder. I used the tree from Stampin Up's new Branch Out set. It was a pretty simple card to make, but was fun.

I just ordered the Dream Tree stamp from Unity Stamp company and really wish I had it for this challenge. If it comes in this week I'll have to create another card with it! If you glance through the Etsy gallery, you will understand why I wish I had this stamp now!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

I love the effect of the different colors of torn and embossed cardstock! Fabulous card!

Ashley Newell said...

Very very cool! I love how you layered all the colors of card stock and the embossing! This is fabulous and I really think for this piece, this tree works better than the Dream Tree. Thanks for playing along with our challenge, it means a lot to me!

Katie Cotton said...

this is great! I love all the layering! It's flawless!

Lisa F said...

Love the texture on this card! Great color combo too!