Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Unity Greatness!!!

Well, I missed posting for both Hip Hop on Thursday and Hip Hop Hangover on Friday, so I will just post everything I've got for the week now.

First things first though. Unity is having a HUGE sale this weekend and offering 30% off all orders placed through Sunday March 22! Wow, huh?

Well, on to my creations for the week. I
didn't get much done, but tried to finish a few of the daily challenges at SCS.


The first card here is the one I completed for the Featured Stamper challenge. The challenge was to look through Twinshappy's gallery on SCS and CASE one of her cards. You can see the original card here. I used the swiss dots embossing folder in the Cuttlebug and the Unity Gratitude = Joy set. As you will see after looking at these pics, I was a big fan of the Kraft Cardstock this week. I used it in all but one of my cards!





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This next card was completed for the Color Challenge - Riding Hood Red (or Real Red), Summer Sun, Kraft and optional black. This was a tough color combination for me. I think it was the kraft/yellow combo. Turns out it looks good together, but for some reason, my mind didn't want to beleive it. I used the Unity's Feel the Joy stamp for this card.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The third card today was done for the technique challenge - create a card using a ribbon frame. This was actually such a cute idea and I was able to use this great Martha Stewart ribbon I purchased on clearance at Michael's a few months ago. I think the bordered ribbon really works great with this technique. It was pretty easy to do once I figured it out. I only ripped one card front in the process. Pretty good considering what it could have been :) This stamp is Unity's My Heart Sings





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last card I have for the week was done for the Sketch Challenge. This is a great sketch and I really like it, I just am not too sure about what I created with it. This ended up being a lot brighter than I ever could have imagined and you might want to put your sunglasses on! I used a stamp I received in the Unity grab bag a month ago.

6 comments:

FibreJunky said...

Those are some awesome cards for this week!!

Karen said...

Love all your cards, Laura!! Clean and simple....very nice!

Unknown said...

oh i love the ribbon frame, so cute!
I need to try that!!

Stephanie said...

Great cards! You have won a prize on my blog xxx

Jean Cross said...

Laura, I enjoyed looking at your blog today. Nice cards! Thanks for joining us at Res-Q-Challenge. Hope you're thinking of playing soon!

Amy said...

Awesome cards Laura!!