Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

So, I'm a day early, but I just couldn't wait to share my card! I created this simple St. Patty's day card to give to my husband's family along with our daughter's 18 month pictures. We had our annual St. Patty's day birthday party with his family yesterday, so it was the perfect theme for the cards! Looking at it now, I wish I had used some black in the card for an extra contrast (maybe as the mat to the clover).

I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder in my Cuttlebug for the background. The sentiment came from the Stampin' Up Sincere Salutations set and the clover was created with the heart stamp from Stampin Up's sale-a-bration set Polka Dot Punches. The stem was part of a $ set of clear stamps from Michaels. All stamps were stamped using colorbox chalk ink and then embossed using a clear iridescent embossing powder.

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful Laura!! I love the hearts!!!

Unknown said...

very pretty.