Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentines 2009

Well, I saw this idea of melting crayons into hearts on a few different blogs as well as on SCS. I decided to give it a try. I don't have any old crayons laying around, so I actually had to go buy some, but either would work. I broke them down into smaller pieces and then put the equivalent to about 4 crayons in each of the heart shaped tins. I "baked" them at 200-250 for 15-20 minutes. Just keep an eye on them and as soon as they seem to be melted all the way through you can take them out and let them cool. I made these along with a mini coloring album to give to the kids. I made them for Jason's class and Madeline's daycare. I think the kids might have been a little dissapointed that it wasn't candy, but they liked them anyway! I don't know what I'm going to do next year to top these though. I should probably start thinking now :)


1 comment:

Mary said...

I think these turned out very cute. TFS